In addition, we do not control the actions of anyone with whom you may choose to share information during or in connection with virtual events hosted on the Welcome Platform, and we cannot and do not guarantee that any information you share will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. You should therefore be cautious about the information you choose to share when attending or participating in virtual events hosted through the Welcome Platform.
The Personal Information We Collect and How We Use It
The Personal Information we collect and how we use it depends on the context of your interactions with us. As explained below, we collect some of this Personal Information when you provide it directly to us, and in some cases we receive Personal Information from third parties. We also collect certain information automatically when you interact with the Services.
Information You Provide Directly
We collect Personal Information that you choose to share with us when you use the Services, which may include the categories described below.
- Website Visitor and Event Producer Data. If you visit our Website or sign up to use the Welcome Platform to produce and host virtual events, we will collect Personal Information that you choose to share with us, including through forms on the Website and within the Welcome Platform. This Personal Information may include:
- Company name and job title/position;
- Email address, phone number, mailing address and other contact details;
- Payment and billing information;
- Platform user account details, including username and password; and
- Other information that you choose to share in connection with your request or inquiry
- Event Registrant Data. To attend virtual events that are produced and hosted through the Welcome Platform, we ask that you register for an account with us. To set up your account, we may ask you to provide the following Personal Information:
- Company name and job title/position; and
- Email address.
Information We Collect Automatically
In addition to the information that you provide to us, we collect some information automatically when you use the Services. The types of information that we collect automatically may include:
- Technical information about your computer, device, hardware, or software you use to access the Internet or our Services, such as IP address or other transactional or identifier information for your device (such as device make and model, information about device operating systems and browsers, or other device or system related specifications);
- Usage information and statistics about your interaction with the Services which may include the URLs of the Services that you have visited, URLs of referring and exiting pages, page views, time spent on a page, number of clicks, the applications and features you use, when and how long you use those applications and features, and other usage statistics;
- Information that facilitates a safer and more personalized experience with the Services, such as user identification information, saved preferences, and device identifiers or usage information for authentication and fraud prevention purposes; and
- Information about your approximate location, which we may derive from device information such as IP address.
Information We Obtain from Third Parties
In some cases, we receive Personal Information from third parties. For instance, if you have been invited to attend a virtual event on the Welcome Platform by an Event Producer, we may receive your name and email address from the Event Producer to facilitate your registration and attendance.
We may also receive Personal Information from other third-party sources, including:
- Our service providers, such as online analytics providers;
- Data brokers from which we purchase demographic data to supplement the data we collect;
- Services that make user-generated content from their service available to others, such as public posts on social media networks; and
- Publicly available sources, such as business registries.
In addition, if you choose to interact with us on social media by posting to our pages, tagging us (or using certain hashtags or other identifiers) in posts, or otherwise communicating with us or participating in social media activities in which we are involved, we may collect certain information from the social media account you use to interact with us, including the name associated with the account, the account handle, recent activity, the content of any posts in which we are tagged, and other information that may be contained on your social media profile to allow us to respond to the posts and understand and engage with our audience.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use the Personal Information that we collect or receive through the Services for the following purposes:
- To respond to your inquiries and requests and communicate with you about the Services;
- To operate and provide support for your use of the Services, including to facilitate your registration for and attendance at virtual events hosted on the Welcome Platform;
- To store information about your preferences and customize your experience on the Services;
- To analyze usage trends and patterns and measure the effectiveness of the Services;
- To perform our agreements with Event Producers, including fulfilling orders and requests and processing payments;
- To promote our products and services, including by sending you newsletters, special offers, and other information we think may be of interest to you;
- To administer, evaluate, and improve our business and the Services (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities);
- To comply with legal or regulatory requirements, judicial process, and our company policies (including due diligence and contracting activities);
- To secure the Services, including by protecting against and responding to fraud, illegal activity (such as incidents of hacking or misuse of the Services), and claims and other liabilities, including by enforcing our customer agreements and Terms of Service;
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, including as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding; and
- For any other purpose that you may authorize or direct at the time we collect your Personal Information.
How We Share Personal Information
To accomplish the purposes set out above, we may share your Personal Information with other parties that may include the following:
- Event Producers that produce and host virtual events through the Welcome Platform, when you register to attend their events;
- Speakers and other event attendees, when you attend virtual events that are hosted through the Welcome Platform;
- Service providers that perform services on our behalf and under our direction;
- Other third parties as necessary to (a) protect or defend our interests and the legal rights or property; (b) protect the rights, interest and safety and security of the Services, our organization, or members of the public; (c) protect against fraud, and (d) investigate and prosecute users who engage in behavior that is illegal or harmful to others or to others’ property;
- A buyer or other successor or organization in the event of an actual or potential merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, including as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding; and
- Such other parties, or for such other purposes, as you may authorize or direct when we collect your Personal Information.
We collect information about your use of the Services through tracking technologies such as cookies and web beacons. A “cookie” is a unique numeric code that is transferred to your computer to track your interests and preferences and to recognize you as a return visitor. A “Web beacon” is a transparent graphic image placed on a website, e-mail or advertisement that enables the monitoring of things such as user activity and site traffic.
Other examples of your choices include:
- You can browse our website without registering or directly submitting any information to us (although we may still collect some limited information automatically, as described above);
- You may opt out of receiving our messages at any time by using the opt-out mechanism provided in the message; and
- You may change your browser settings or take other steps to block, manage, or delete cookies. Our Services do not currently respond to browser “do not track” signals, so you will need to use your browser settings to effectively manage cookies. In some cases, blocking or disabling cookies may cause the Services not to work as intended and some features may not be available.
Links to Other Websites and Services
Our Global Practices
We may process and store your Personal Information in the United States and in any other country where we or our or service providers operate. By your use of the Services you acknowledge that we will maintain your Personal Information in jurisdictions which may have different data protection rules than in your country, and that your Personal Information may become accessible as permitted by law in those jurisdictions, including to law enforcement and/or national security authorities.
Additional Information for Residents of California
- Personal information that is exempt from the CCPA;
- Personal information we collect in connection with communications or transactions with consumers who are acting as representatives of companies and other organizations that occur solely within the context of conducting due diligence regarding, or providing or receiving a product or service to or from such companies or organizations; or
- Personal Information we collect, use, and share on behalf of our customers as a “service provider” under the CCPA.
California Personal Information We Collect
We may have collected the following categories of California Personal Information regarding consumers within the last 12 months:
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), such as name, signature, address, telephone number, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information. Some Personal Information included in this category may overlap with other categories;
- Identifiers such as your real name, alias, postal address, zip code, telephone number, email address and account name;
- Unique and online identifiers such as device identifiers, internet protocol addresses, cookie identifiers, beacon identifiers, pixel tags or mobile ad identifiers or similar technology, or other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers that can be used to identify a particular consumer or device;
- Commercial information that identifies or could reasonably be linked to you, such as products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information identifies or could reasonably be linked to you, such as browsing history, search history and information regarding an individual’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement;
- Professional or employment-related information, such as current or past job history;
- Sensory data, such as audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information;
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law, which includes age if 40 years or older, race, color, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information); and
- Inferences drawn from Personal Information, such as person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, or aptitudes.
Sources of California Personal Information
We may obtain the categories of California Personal Information that we collect as indicated above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, through website forms you complete or ordering our products and services.
- Automatically and indirectly from you, such as through logging and analytics tools, cookies, pixel tags, and other automatic data collection.
- From third parties, such as Event Producers, our service providers, consumer data resellers, services that make user-generated content available to others, communications services, and social networks and social media online services.
Use of California Personal Information
We may use the categories of California Personal Information that we collect, as described above, for one or more of the business purposes and commercial purposes described in the How We Use Personal Information section above.
Sharing California Personal Information.
We may disclose the categories of California Personal Information that we collect as indicated above to the categories of third parties described in the How We Share Personal Information section above. In the preceding 12 months, we may have disclosed all of the categories of California Personal Information listed above to our service providers and other third parties when you direct us to do so, or when you use our Services to do so.
In the preceding 12 months, we have not sold California Personal Information. We do not sell California Personal Information, and we do not have actual knowledge that we sell the California Personal Information of Consumers under the age of 16.
California Personal Information Rights and Choices.
The CCPA and other California laws provide consumers with specific rights regarding their California Personal Information. This section describes the rights you may have and explains how to exercise those rights.
- Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights. You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection, use, and disclosure of your California Personal Information over the past 12 months. If we receive and confirm a verifiable consumer request from you pursuant to the Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights section below, we will disclose one or all of the following depending on the scope of the request:
- The categories of California Personal Information we collected about you over the past 12 months.
- The categories of sources for the California Personal Information we collected about you over the past 12 months.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting California Personal Information about you over the past 12 months
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared California Personal Information over the past 12 months.
- The specific pieces of California Personal Information we collected about you over the past 12 months.
- The categories of California Personal Information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose, to the extent we have made such disclosures.
- Deletion Request Rights. Subject to certain exceptions, you have the right to request that we delete the California Personal Information that we have collected about you. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete your California Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or sending your request by mail as set out in the How to Contact Us section below, with your first name, last name, and email address, and a detailed explanation of your request.
Only you, or an authorized agent registered with the California Secretary of State that you provide written permission authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your California Personal Information. If an authorized agent makes a request on your behalf, prior to responding we may require the authorized agent to present written and signed proof of authorization to act on your behalf, verify your identity, and confirm the authorized agent’s permission to act on your behalf directly. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. Your request must provide information sufficient to permit us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected California Personal Information, or an authorized agent. In order to verify your request, we may ask you to provide information such as your first and last name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, or any other information necessary to verify your identity representative of that person. Your request also must include sufficient detail for us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with California Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the California Personal Information relates to you.
If you have an online account with us, we may deliver our written response to that online account. If you do not have an online account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. However, if you have a password-protected account with us we consider requests made through that account sufficiently verified when the request relates to California Personal Information associated with that specific account.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of the verifiable request. If we cannot fulfill, or are permitted to decline, your request then we will alert you or your authorized agent. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your California Personal Information that is readily usable.
If your request is manifestly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive, including if you have made several repetitive requests, we may charge a reasonable fee to respond. We also may decline to respond, in which case we will notify you.
Subject to certain exceptions, you have a right to not receive discriminatory treatment for exercising your access, data portability, and deletion rights described above.
How to Contact Us
Postal Mail: Gather Wholesale, Inc. d/b/a Welcome
Attn: Privacy Office
440 N. Barranca Ave #8588 Covina, CA 91723
Effective Date: 11/18/2020
Last Updated: 11/18/2020